Learn about our history
It all began in 1933
Year 1933 - Expansion Plan for Villa 'Blumenhaus
Our guesthouse, originally a modest villa named ‘Blumenhaus’, was built in the early 1920s. When it became the property of the local teacher Paul Herrmann, in 1933, the facility was expanded on the northern side to include additional living spaces. Some rooms (equipped with central heating) were then designated for rent, offering the option of dietary breakfasts and relaxation in the garden.
After World War II, the former villa, now operating as a holiday resort under the name ‘Filmowiec,’ was taken over by trade unions associated with the Film Polski company in Łódź. From the beginning, it became a favorite retreat for people in the film industry. It was here, during conversations between Józef Milka and his brother Alojzy, that the concept of the Amateur Film Festival matured, which emerged in Polanica-Zdrój in 1965 as ‘Pol-8’. Since ancient times, the interiors of the expanded and modernized Villa Filmowiec have been adorned with reproductions of photographs by Alojzy Milka, who participated in the life of Polanica-Zdrój with his camera.
Villa Filmowiec 2008
The building is now owned by a private individual who rents rooms to parents visiting their children undergoing treatment at the pediatric cardiology sanatorium. Unfortunately, the sign with the inscription ‘DW Filmowiec’ was lost during the flood in 1997.
Villa Filmowiec 2014
Villa Filmowiec began its operation in 2014. Prior to that, the expansion and renovation of the entire facility started in 2010. An interesting fact is that the building is constructed on sandstone, and the lower rooms, including the fireplace hall and sauna, are surrounded by walls made of natural rock. We made every effort to ensure that our guests could enjoy the surrounding tranquility, the singing of birds, and relaxation in spacious apartments.